The Hidden Treasure
- Once there lived a farmer. He had three sons.
- The farmer worked on his farm. He asked his sons to work too. But they were very lazy.
- They did nothing. He was worried about them. He tried hard to make them work.
- But all in vain. After some time, the farmer fell ill and thought that his end was near.
- He called his sons and said that he wanted to disclose a secret. And the secret is that he had buried his treasure in the farm.
- Soon after their father’s death, the sons went in the farm with spades and dug the earth. But they found the treasure nowhere.
- They were disappointed. Their mother advised them to sow seeds in the farm. They obeyed her. After some time, they had a very good crop.
- They sold the crop and found enough money.
- They became rich. They understood the value of hard work.
- They learnt that it was this treasure about which their father told.
Read More English Short Story “Nothing venture, nothing have” for School, College Students, Moral Story for Class 7, 8, 9, 10, Class 12, College Exams.