The Hare and the Tortoise
- There lived a hare and the tortoise. Both of them were fast friends. The hare often took high leaps, but the tortoise walked slowly.
- The hare always taunted the tortoise for its slow pace.
- The tortoise felt insulted every time the hare say about his speed.
- Once in an angry mood, he challenged the hare to have a race with it.
- The hare felt that the tortoise could never beat it in the race.
- The race started next morning from a pole and another pole at some distance was decided to be the winning post.
- The hare galloped like a horse. The tortoise walked on slowly.
- After taking a good lead, he thought that the tortoise could never overtake it.
- So, it decided to have a nap under a tree.
- The tortoise went on moving slowly. It saw the hare sleeping, and continued its slow onward march. As it was about to reach the winning post, the hare wake up. It took long strides. But it was too late. The tortoise won the race.
Moral: Slow and steady wins the race.
Pride hath a fall.