10 Lines on “The Cap Seller and the Monkeys”
- There was a cap seller.
- He used to go from village to village to sell his caps.
- Once he was going to a village to sell the caps. He passed through a thick forest.
- He was tired and decided to have a rest for some time.
- He fell asleep in a few minutes. There lived monkeys on the branches of that tree. They came down one by one and picked up each a cap from the bundle and wore them. Then they climbed up the tree.
- The cap seller woke up. He was surprised to find all his caps missing. As he looked up, he saw each monkey wearing a cap.
- He requested the monkeys to give him his caps back but in vain. At last, he thought of an idea.
- He knew that monkeys are imitators. He took off his own cap and threw it down on the ground.
- Each one of them took off its cap and threw it down.
- The merchant at once collected all the caps, put them into the bundle, and went away happily.
Moral: When in a fix don’t lose your wits.
Intelligence works wonders.