10 Lines on “The Cap Seller and the Monkeys”
- There was a cap seller.
- He used to go from village to village to sell his caps.
- Once he was going to a village to sell the caps. He passed through a thick forest.
- He was tired and decided to have a rest for some time.
- He fell asleep in a few minutes. There lived monkeys on the branches of that tree. They came down one by one and picked up each a cap from the bundle and wore them. Then they climbed up the tree.
- The cap seller woke up. He was surprised to find all his caps missing. As he looked up, he saw each monkey wearing a cap.
- He requested the monkeys to give him his caps back but in vain. At last, he thought of an idea.
- He knew that monkeys are imitators. He took off his own cap and threw it down on the ground.
- Each one of them took off its cap and threw it down.
- The merchant at once collected all the caps, put them into the bundle, and went away happily.
Read More English Short Moral Story “An act of mischief may prove harmful” for School Students of Class 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12.
Moral: When in a fix don’t lose your wits.
Intelligence works wonders.