10 Lines on “Honesty is the best policy” English Moral Story for Kids and Students of Class 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
March 31, 2022
10 Lines on “Honesty is the best policy”
- Once there was a poor wood-cutter. He was very honest.
- One day, he was cutting wood on the bank of a river. The axe slipped from his hand and fell into the river.
- The woodcutter felt very sad. He began to cry loudly. God Mercury heard his cries and appeared there. He took pity on him.
- He appeared in person and promised to help him.
- The God dived into the water and brought a golden axe, but the wood-cutter said that it was not his axe.
- The God again went into the river and came out with a silver axe. Again the wood-cutter refused to take it. The god went into the river again.
- This time he came out with an iron axe.
- The wood-cutter jumped with joy and said it was his axe.
- God was pleased with his honesty and gave him all three axes.
- He went happily and became rich.
Moral: Honesty is the best policy.
Honesty is always rewarded.