Essay on “My Country” English Essay, Paragraph, Speech for Class 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 12 for College and Competitive Exams.

 My Country

I live in a country called India. It is an ancient country, with its history going back a thousand years. There are almost 900 million inhabitants of this country. Of these only 35 % are literate. The rest of them are illiterate. About 65 % of the population lives in rural India. My country is known the world over for its arts, crafts, and the high quality of trained manpower. Besides, it is also the largest democracy in the world. In it, people of different faiths, religions, castes, and creeds live in relative harmony. India is perhaps the only country in the world which has nature in all its colors and moods. There are vast desert areas, freezing mountain ranges, tropical rain forests, large grasslands, estuarine ecological areas, and oceans. This diversity makes India a unique country in its own right. Living in these areas are people who can trace their origin to Aryans, Mongols, African people, Dravidian races, and to the people of central Asia like Iran, Kazakistan, etc. There are over 25 states in this country. These are governed by their own elected governments. India has a unique constitution. It is part federal like the United States of America and part unitary like the United Kingdom. There are three arms of governance in India, the executive, the judiciary, and the parliament. Indian constitution provides equal opportunities for all. There is total freedom of speech and expression. There are many festivals and ceremonies in India. These are usually celebrated by one and all. Such features make India a unique country.

259 words

Leave a Reply