Indiscipline Among Students
Student strikes, unrest, and misbehavior are all examples of rising student indiscipline. However, the students are not solely responsible for this behavior. There are many reasons behind it. The first reason is the increasing political interference in student affairs. The politicians use students as a tool to provoke administration and create chaos. They take advantage of their impressionable young minds to spread wrong messages in society. The second reason is the faulty educational system, which gives degrees, but no vocational qualification. Unable to obtain suitable jobs and totally frustrated, students become unruly. The third reason is the society, where the students often see their elders misbehave. And therefore what they see the copy. This problem of student indiscipline can be tackled most effectively if
(1) Politics is kept away from educational institutions.
(2) There is a total ban on teacher politics.
(3) Students should be encouraged to keep busy in literary activities and sports.
(4) There should be a complete ban on student wings of each and every political party.
(5) Provisions should be made that only graduates can join a political party.
(6) Overcrowding of educational institutions should be avoided.
(7) Introduction of more job-based education. And
8- Inculcation of moral and good values in students through personal examples.