Read the following passage and try to answer the questions given below:
Now it is winter time. As we live high in the mountains, we have been snowed-up for a long while. There is very little for us to do as we cannot work in the snow-covered fields, but we busy ourselves gathering wood to make a fire for cooking. We also take the goat out to nibble at whatever she can find, so that we can get good milk. We often think how we would like to drink her milk, but it has to be made into cheese, so that we have something to sell. With the money we receive in return for our cheese and eggs, we buy the things we need such as salt, matches, and cloth, but we keep just a little of the cheese to mix with our macaroni. We eat macaroni almost everyday, but on the days we have cheese with it, the macaroni tastes especially good.
The best part of the winter comes at Christmas time, when we children enjoy ourselves very much making a little crib. We work hard at it and try to make it look as real as possible.
- Why have the author and his family been snowed-up for a long time?
- How do they keep themselves busy?
- Why cannot they drink the goat’s milk?
- What do they eat everyday?
- Which is the best part of the winter for the children?
- The author and his family have been snowed-up for a long time because it is winter and they live high up in the mountains.
- They keep themselves busy by gathering wood to make a fire for cooking.
- They cannot drink the goat’s milk because it has to be made into cheese for selling.
- They eat macaroni everyday.
- The best part of the winter for the children is Christmas time.