10 Lines on “A wise farmer and his foolish sons”
- Once, there was an old farmer.
- He had four sons.
- They were very lazy and did not help their father in the field.
- They always quarreled among themselves. The farmer was on his death bed. He wanted his sons to be hard working.
- He called his sons and asked them to bring a bundle of sticks.
- He asked each of his sons to break the bundle.
- None of them could do so.
- He untied the bundle and asked them to break one stick each. Each one of them was able to break a single stick.
- The farmer advised his sons that like the bundle of sticks if they all remain united, none could harm them. The sons learnt a lesson.
- They never quarreled again.
Moral: Union is strength.
United we stand, divided we fall,